Saturday, August 8, 2009

Slide Rock

Sarah and I were finally able to escape the heat for a day and head for the mountains for a little bit of cooler weather (105 F) and some fun. Below: Slide Rock near Sedona AZ. We heard that this was the hot spot for people in the Pheonix area, but we were still amazed to see the amount of people there that day. The next two photos are of Sarah and I jumping from a 25-35 ft cliff located at the bottom part of the park. There was also a few higher jumps as well but this was the spot for the young guys to show how brave they were to the girls. Lucky me! Sarah's already made her choice.


Smaller cliff up the river for the (Free-Style Jumping) Ya! We know we have the moves.

The next few photos are of the slide rock on the upper part of the river. This part was more for the kids, but we loved it just as much.



If you are ever in the Phoenix area, we would definitely recommend visiting Slide Rock.

3 comments:

Scott and Carly said...

Hey Sarah!! Long time no see - this is Carly (Cannon) Pannell. I was just messing around, looking at blogs, and I found yours! Mine is scfamilyblog@blogspot.com if you want to catch up. We're doing great - still in Boise - have a 2 year - and I still am a flute major!

Scott and Carly said...

one more thing I was going to add..you probably dont remember, but I did go to your reception, and your husband said that he thought I was familiar. It was probably my last name (Pannell)..my sister in law is Amber Pannell - who married Jordan Gallup. I saw your wedding announcement on their fridge when we went to visit them. And Jordan said he knows you. I was looking at your 4th of July post - and we were up in McCall also. And so was Amber - she too drove all the way from Arizona up to McCall (Jordan couldn't though).

Krista & Tyler said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Lucky! I'm definitely going to come visit! haha