Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hannah Marie Zwygart

Hannah arrived April 25, 2010 5:44am! Weighing in at 7lbs 12 oz, 20 inches long. She is beautiful!! If you want more details about the birth scroll down pass the pictures if you just want to admire her enjoy!! (I am not biased or anything)


A four generation picture...super happy we got this one!

Just about ready to leave the hospital!
Took this one today, it shows off her little dimple!


We went to the hospital Saturday night and received my epidural at about midnight. Of course, I started feeling great...but a little too good. The epidural had a drip and rose too far up my body, my chest went numb and then my face, I asked the nurse if it was normal that I couldn't swallow. They immediatly pulled the epidural and told me I had to wait until I could feel the contractions again before they could reinsert it. Well, when we got to feeling the pain again my blood pressure was really high and the baby's heart rate was really low. I dilated too far and ended up having a natural birth. Things went well, Chad and the nurses were awesome and helped me through the breathing (we didn't take any birth classes and took the hospital tour that morning :). Unfortunatly though, the pain didn't end there, it ends up my epidural had a drip that went in the wrong area of my spine which results in brutal migraines 24/7. I thought that I could tough it out and did for five days but today I decided the pain was too much and went back to the hospital and received a spinal patch. They did another epidural but instead of inserting medicine they insert my blood to plug the hole. My headache went away and we are left with sore back. Despite all the pain though I can honestly say motherhood is worth it! Chad and I are loving parenthood and look forward to all the new things that it brings!

13 comments:

Juliann said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! You look great as well! I hope you are recovering well.

Juliann said...

and I LOVE the picture of you, Chad, and Hannah! You seriously have a beautiful family. Your children are going to have KILLER BLUE eyes! Congrats again!

Jeff and Aubry said...

Oh Sarah!! Little Hannah is so so so beautiful!! Congrats!! I am so sorry to hear about the bad epidural...they shouldn't charge you for it! Ha! At least give you a discount, I mean, come on! You pay for that thing for a reason! Hope you start feeling better soon. Congrats again! And keep the pictures coming. :)

Mary Ann said...

Hobs...WOW you guys are gorgeous!!!
I can't believe you had a CSF leak....that's what I had when I was really sick, accept I had spinal headaches every day, all day....And with a new baby and everything, I can only imagine how hard it was for you. I'm so glad the blood patch worked for you and you are feeling better!
P.S. I think I should come up to Boise soon;)

Unknown said...

She is too cute Sarah! Awesome job! Congrats again to you guys :)

Kaylene said...

Seriously, I think you really can get out of paying for the epidural.NO joke, look into it. Hannah is adorable! Girls are the best!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful, enjoy these moments because they grow up way too fast. You are going to be a wonderful mother, rest, don't rush to get back to things to fast. CONGRATS, She is absolutely precious.

Sara B. Larson said...

She's beautiful! Sorry about the awful epidural experience,ugh! Thank heavens they're worth it. :-) Congrats again!

Unknown said...

hannah is adorable!! Congrats Sarah, and way to go with the natural birth! That's what I did with Grace, but I planned it that way, so it was probably a lot easier...hopefully next time works out the way you planned it.

Brian and Christina said...

What a trooper Sarah. Congrats. She is beautiful. You are going to be such a great mommy. What a lucky baby to have you for a mommy. Girls are so much fun! I discovered your blog from Natalie Moon's. I hope life is treating you well. I miss hanging out with you every Tuesday and Thursday.

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Now you'll have someone to post constantly about! I'm so happy for you both! xoxo

She really is so beautiful1

Unknown said...

Oh, and Hobson - Tyler is really Krista. haha

Ashley, Bryson, and Caely Crump said...

She is so cute! Miss you guys!